Obviously millions of people world-wide suffer from multiple sclerosis, but I thought it may be interesting to note which famous people or celebrities also suffer from multiple sclerosis.
The list below has been gleaned from a couple of other sites with lists of this sort, and they are far more comprehensive. I simply picked out the few names that I recognised and had some kind of meaning for me.
Although J.K. Rowling of Harry Potter fame does not suffer from multiple sclerosis, her late mother did. I believe that because of this Ms Rowling is now taking an active role with the MS Society in Great Britain, it may be the Scottish branch of the society and I am told that she is serving as chairman. But that is just hearsay. If I find out anything more definite, it will appear here.
The Multiple Sclerosis Celebrities
- Wayne Dobson, Magician
- Jacqueline du Pre, Cellist
- William Hartnell, Actor - Dr. Who
- Alan Osmond, Singer with The Osmonds
- Richard Pryor, Actor
- Clifford T. Ward, Singer/Songwriter
- Clive Burr, Drummer (Iron Maiden)
- Stewart Henry, DJ
- Ronnie Lane, Musician (The Faces)
- Tiger Tim (no, not Henman. A DJ from Glasgow)
- Danny Wallace, ex Southampton and Manchester United Footballer
- Alison Peebles, Actress most famous for her Taggart role
Alan Osmond and Tiger Tim are both on the Aimspro trial.
This site is hosted by names.co.uk and the domain name has been registered with them. I have found them to be reasonably priced, helpful and reliable. So, if you are looking for domain name registration or web site hosting, click the above banner.